July 5, 2021
Working in the sector of aged care in Australia will be very self-sufficient and very satisfying. Here we discuss several reasons why many Australian students choose to enrol in aged care courses to make a career in the aged care sector.
There Will Be Numerous Job Availability And Job Security
The reasons why there will be multiple job opportunities once you complete your course are as follows.
- According to recent reports and surveys, several people needing some aged care will doubly increase by 2050 in Australia. Naturally, it will increase the demand for skilled workers.
- The job market reports had also stated that there would be high, unprecedented future growth, doubling the position vacancies. Thus, in the next 20 years, the aged care sector will be the largest employing sector. Such development also ensures job security.
- As the duration of the courses is not very long, you can get employment opportunities relatively quickly.
Various Work Opportunities Will Be Available So That People With A Different Skill Set And Personality Types Can Get Jobs
You will find a variety of jobs in the aged care sector.
- If you think that an aged care support worker will only have to change bedpans or help older adults getting out of bed, you will be wrong. There are plenty of job positions available in the sector that suit various skills and personality types. You can build your career in frontline support, human resources, or in administration and managerial roles.
- You can do a job in different working environments too. If you think you cannot work with older people, you may choose to work with younger ones with disabilities or families that desperately need additional support. Support workers usually work in aged care facility centre or provide support in the clients’ homes. You can also take a job at any nursing home.
Read More:- Why Working In The Aged Care Sector Is More Than A Job?
Flexibility In The Working Hours
In most working sectors, the work hour is generally from 9 AM to 5 PM. But, in the aged care industry, you can get a lot of flexibility in your work.
- According to government websites, about 63% of aged care workers do part-time jobs.
- As you do not have to maintain a tight and strict schedule for your job, you can work according to your plans instead of planning according to your work schedule.
- People can work night shifts or at weekends, for which they can get penalty rates. It is very beneficial for busy mothers.
Abundant Opportunity For Career Development
This sector offers plentiful opportunities to all individuals to further develop their professional careers.
- This industry requires all kinds of workers at different levels. Several workers start their careers here as support staff, but they can reach managerial positions with extensive hard work and hard training.
- Many professionals start their professional careers after completing a Certificate II or Certificate III course. But as they get mentally involved in their jobs, they again return to academics to study Certificate IV in Aged Care or the Diploma course to learn advanced knowledge.
You Can Be A Part Of A Supportive And Positive Work Scenario
It is perhaps the most satisfying part of this particular sector. There are some specific skills that aged care workers must have to make a successful career.
- When employers aim at recruiting, they prefer individuals with a very caring and supportive nature, excellent communication skills, physical fitness and patience. The chance of securing a job also increases with having the ability to create positive vibes, effective professionalism, natural empathy and affection towards older persons and those who have disabilities.
- As you will have the chance to work in a working environment filled with people having a natural caring and supporting attitude, your colleagues can become your life-long friends even after you quit your job.
Read More:- Aged Care Courses Perth – How Long Does It Take To Complete?
You Will Make A Genuine Difference In People’s Lives
Above all, you can make a real difference in those people’s lives and bring happiness. That is why this job is deemed truly rewarding.
- Your primary focus will be maintaining people’s health and treating ailments. But besides that, you have to do much more than that. You have to interact with the patients the whole day and develop affectionate and trustful relationships with them to give them mental support.
- Often, they will only need someone to talk with or help with a straightforward task or someone who has a perfect smile. Sometimes, sharing a cup of coffee and a simple conversation can do a lot.
You may get in touch with Aged Care Courses Perth WA to get the necessary information about the aged care course offered in Perth colleges, including Certificate III in Aged Care in Perth.