July 22, 2021
Are you planning to take a course in Certificate III in Individual Support but worried about your career? It is one of the popular aged care courses that various vocational institutes and technical colleges in Perth offer to students who have a passion for working with aging people or people with disabilities. Here we give a detailed explanation of four main types of jobs that you can apply for after completing Certificate 3 in Individual Support Perth.
Aged care support worker
An aged care support worker usually provides necessary medical care, home assistance, motivational and emotional support. You must try to be a perfect companion to a person who has spent so much in life, seen so many things and now has become alone and dependent.
- You should provide them with help for performing basic daily activities. These daily tasks include bathing, dressing, eating, or preparing foods.
- At such an age, a person will need more involvement in community activities. And, you have to provide help for that. You may help that person by arranging the necessary transport.
- Working in different work settings is possible. You may choose community care centres, hospitals or retirement homes. If you think these options not suitable, you may choose to provide support to your clients in their private residences.
Also read :- Why Aged Care Course Is Important To Get Start A Career In Aged Care?
Nursing Assistant After Certificate III In Aged Care
If you wish to work in the sector of clinical care, you may go for a nursing assistant job.
- As a nursing assistant, you will be assigned essential roles in clinical care or a nursing home. Healthcare units are heavily dependable on nursing assistants. Having formal training in medicine will be better for you. Here, besides taking proper care of the patients, you need to give administrative support simultaneously.
- One crucial point you should never forget here is that you have to be physically very strong. Very often, you will need to lift a patient or move him.
- Your responsibilities will be variable, depending on the particular area or nursing home you will be working in. But, usually, you have to do duties like dressing, bathing and feeding your patients, keeping an eye on the vital signs they show, managing medications, keeping track of their health conditions, and fixing critical appointments with physiotherapists or speech therapists.
Disability Support Worker
A disability support worker is also called a personal care assistant. Here, you have to work with an elderly adult or a person with physical, mental, and cognitive challenges.
- Here, you will be responsible for offering intense care as well as psychological and physical support. You need to supervise the people’s unique care needs and provide the necessary support accordingly.
- In terms of patience and compassion, here, you have to deliver your best. You are bound to face difficulties in dealing with someone who has lost some natural abilities due to illness or other sudden occurrences. So, before your start, you should become well aware of all these records. It will help to handle the situations better.
- But the best gift will also be seeing that person able to do something on his own. Undoubtedly, nothing can be more rewarding for you to know a person eventually succeed after continuous failed attempts. If you find that your client, who has been suffering from memory loss, can suddenly recall a pleasant memory of the past, won’t you become excited?
- Different options for work environments are available here also. You may work in homes, nursing clinics, hospitals, or community care centres.
- Australian Government had introduced the National Disability Insurance Scheme recently, and following that, this sector has witnessed tremendous growth.
Home Care Assistant
The job of a home care assistant is to help old, sick and specially-abled people in their private homes.
- Here also, you need to assist in doing daily activities like personal grooming and food preparation. If the situation demands, you may need to feed your client, too. You may also have to perform little housekeeping. So, it will be better to sharpen your culinary skills.
Also read :- Why Certificate III In Aged Care Course Popular among International Students ?
Why You Need Certificate III For The Job In Aged Care?
Trainers of a Cert 3 Aged Care course will teach various skills and specific techniques you will need to work in aged care.
But, along with those skills, you should also have a very affectionate and compassionate heart. A great deal of patience is also necessary to handle unexpected situations.
You have to be very motivating to give those persons a mental boost and help them in regaining their lost confidence.
The sector is growing every day, thus ensuring a flurry of job opportunities in the coming years.
For specific and detailed information on the aged care course Perth, you may get in touch with Aged Care Courses Perth WA officials.