June 15, 2021
Do you wish to work with elderly persons or those who need little to significant physical and mental assistance? If so, then the aged care sector is the right choice for your career. Aged care courses are available for students who wish to work as an individual support worker at any senior care facility centre or a disability support worker. But, what students worry about is the duration of the training courses, especially if they need to earn simultaneously.
Here we briefly describe each course that may help you decide the most suitable one for you. These courses take a concise duration but never compromises with the quality. Generally, four different certifications in aged care courses are offered that are as follows.
Read More:- Why Certificate III In Aged Care Course Popular among International Students?
Certificate III in Individual Support – Ageing
We include the basic features of this course here:
- There are 13 different units taught in this course. Topics covered under these 13 units are working with various people, maintaining all the proper ethical and legal standards, providing support to the people who have dementia, and offering food service.
- Certificate 3 in Aged Care is offered on-campus in Perth colleges full-time. It is also offered in part-time and mixed formats.
- If you want to complete your Certificate III in Aged Care course quickly, you will need only 6 months to get the certification.
- If you have to study and work, you can work according to your preference and time and at your own pace. In that case, you may choose to do it in part-time or the mixed format.
Certificate III in Individual Support – Disability
Things you should about this course are as follows.
- You will also have to study 13 units, where some concepts are the same as those in the ageing certification. Other topics covered here are community participation support and social inclusion, assisting with ongoing skills development, empowering people with disabilities, and providing the clients with necessary help with proper medication.
- This course is also offered on-campus with three formats: full-time, part-time and mixed format to satisfy the students’ needs. It will only take 6 months to complete if you take the full-time course.
Certificate IV Disability
The general features of this course are as follows.
- A Certificate 4 in Aged care course is for someone who has already got the qualifications in the related field or has been working in this sector for quite some time. In a word, it is for those who want to advance their professional careers.
- 14 different study units are taught here to learn how to empower people with disability, give help in service planning and execution, and ease their skill development.
- As high-intensity coursework is involved in it, you will need 12 months to complete this course, only if you go full-time. The part-time and blended format is also available.
Certificate IV Mental Health
While considering this course, you should keep in mind the following points.
- You need not any pre-qualification for this course.
- If you are passionate in working with people suffering from mental illness, this course is appropriate. You may have to work in various work settings like residential rehabilitation, home based outreach, clinical settings, or centre-based programs.
- The topics you will encounter are supporting people with prolonged mental illness, promoting self-support, or working collaboratively with other caregiving services.
- It is an intense course that may take as long as 16 months to complete. It is not offered on-campus but online and available only full-time, part-time or in a mixed format.
Read More:- Secure A Job In Australia’s Fastest-Growing Industry With Certificate IV In Aged Care
Benefits You Will Get From The Learning?
Following are the advantages you will get from studying this course.
- You will get a quality education at your chosen time.
- Another crucial benefit of taking the courses is that some institutes award recognition if you have any prior knowledge or skills closely related to your course requirements. If you have previous education in the aged care sector or work experience, you can apply for RPL. RPL is Recognition of Prior Learning. It may award you some credits towards your coursework, with which you can finish your course pretty earlier.
- Some institutes also offer some short courses that are of 1 or 2-day duration. These short courses help a student keep the certifications updated and get equipped with new skills without demanding too much time.
How Can Aged Care Courses Perth WA help you?
Generally, these courses are 6-month long and thus assure you to get jobs in speedy time. In Perth, many consultancy firms are always ready to provide help. Aged Care Courses WA is one such firm that can help you get details about aged care course Perth and aged care training in Perth.